OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY VICE-CHANCELLOR (DEVELOPMENT)
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Development) is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for all development matters such as:
- Exchange and linkage programmes both local and international;
- Fund raising;
- Liaising with external agencies and Non-Governmental Organizations;
- Working with the alumni for the purpose of realizing the goals of the University;
- Carrying out functions dealing with need-driven research;
- Any other matters as may be referred to him by the Vice-Chancellor from time to time;
The Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Development) therefore:
- Superintends over the Development and Alumni Affairs’ Office which manages specific and general development matters as well as Alumni affairs.
- Supervises all issues relating to the University Advancement which is being coordinated by the Development and Alumni Affairs’ Office.
- Works with the University Advancement Board to achieve its mandate.
- Supervises all issues relating to FUTA Capital Campaign Programmes.
- Coordinates all linkages and collaborations and the ensuing Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) between the University and other organizations.
- Works with the Physical Planning Unit in the management of all projects in the University.
- Inspects and supervises all infrastructural projects to ensure conformity with specifications and delivery according to schedule.
- Works with the Step-B Project of the University. The Step-B Project is a World Bank Intervention Programme on food security which was instituted courtesy of World Award won by the University as a Centre of Excellence on food security in Africa.
- Supervises the University’s bulk purchase activities.
- Monitors campus beautification programmes and all other activities aimed at improving the aesthetic value of the University.